Sanwire Corp. (SNWR)
Sanwire Corp. (SNWR) is a diversified company currently focused on technologies for the music industry. The company specializes in locating unique opportunities in fragmented markets and implementing its aggregated technologies to consolidate distinct services into unified platforms of delivery. Sanwire is currently focusing these efforts on advanced entertainment technologies.
Founded in 1997 and based out of Las Vegas, Nevada, Sanwire has operated and sold several subsidiaries as it has worked in various industry segments, including Sanwire Software Inc., Bullmoose Mines Ltd. and Squeeze Report Inc. Currently, there are two new holdings that were added to the company's portfolio through two recent acquisitions, including Intercept Music Inc. in March 2020 and the Art is War Record Label in June 2020.
Intercept Music Inc. – Artist-Focused Services
Intercept Music Inc. is an entertainment technology company offering a unique suite of artist-focused services that are specifically designed to meet the needs of recording artists. Intercept's proprietary online platform is dedicated to helping millions of global independent artists effectively promote their music and distribute it worldwide to hundreds of digital stores and every major streaming platform, including Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Pandora and Google Music.
With Intercept Music, recording artists have all the tools needed to market, promote and sell their music online and through social media. Comprehensive reporting allows artists to track the fan response to their releases, all the way down to individual music tracks.
There are three foundations of Intercept Music's product offering:
- Its music distribution platform that is well augmented via the company's partnership with InGrooves, a wholly owned subsidiary of Universal Music, which is arguably one of the largest music companies in the world.
- Its social media system, which is tailored to work the way artists use social media to promote their music and engage with their fans. The scheduling system integrates artists' profiles across multiple social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) to facilitate new audience sampling, fan development and the ability for music to be previewed and purchased.
- The third is represented by the team of developers that brings a unique combination of deep technical expertise (in products like Skype), a team of well-accomplished executives and what the company calls Brand Ambassadors – senior reps from multiple genres who have helped artists earn over 100 Grammys.
Intercept Music is the confluence of technology and this music expertise.
The company currently markets three plans to its clients, with each offering different distribution and royalty options, as well as various marketing and reporting options. The plans are described below:
- Intercept Distro is a basic plan for self-service music distribution with royalty collection. Artists keep 100% of the royalties while receiving unlimited releases and full analytics with reporting.
- Intercept Artist includes all of the benefits of the basic Distro plan with added emphasis on social marketing and distribution for emerging artists. With this plan, artists receive scheduled and ad-hoc posting, social media reporting, reusable content libraries and access to other valuable features.
- Intercept PLUS is available by invite only and is for established artists looking for a complete suite of marketing, distribution and monetization services. The PLUS plan includes everything available through the Distro and Artist plans, as well as offering a dedicated service representative, a branded online store, on-demand merchandise, additional marketing, YouTube monetization and other pro features.
Intercept PLUS is the flagship plan. Artists of this caliber often do $3-$10k/month in merchandise sales alone, at 50%+ profit. Intercept is responsible for marketing to the fan base through its social media system and shares in the profits generated. The stores are managed by intercept so both top-line revenues and bottom-line profits flow through Intercept.
Intercept Music has partnered with Ingrooves Music Group, the largest online music distribution company in the world, for worldwide distribution to streaming services and leading stores. Completing more than 50 billion transactions weekly across over 150 countries, Ingrooves supplies music to leading streaming music platforms and lists some of the world's largest and most reputable music labels among its clients. The partnership allows Intercept Music and its clients to reach a much wider audience and start earning revenue as soon as possible by leveraging Ingrooves' quality control systems and direct relationships with leading music streaming services.
Physical Distribution Options for Intercept Music Clients
In a press release on June 25, 2020, Intercept Music announced that it would be offering artists physical distribution through major retailers such as Amazon, FYE and Walmart (http://nnw.fm/NSrbE). The physical distribution will consist of CDs and vinyl and will serve as a supplement to the online streaming platform access provided by the company to represented artists.
"In the current climate, artists can't play shows or otherwise engage in public at all, so they're focusing on all other opportunities to bring in revenue," Intercept Music President Tod Turner stated in a news release. "Our only priority is to help artists monetize music in every way, and with physical distribution added to the mix, we're leaving no stone unturned in helping artists to earn money from their creative output."
Creation of Preferred Stock
On June 29, 2020, Sanwire CEO Christopher Whitcomb announced that the company would be filing certificates of designation with the Nevada Secretary of State for its Series A, B and C preferred stock (http://nnw.fm/svrQt).
Speaking about this designation in a news release, Whitcomb stated, "Our paramount goal is to maintain a balanced approach between future investments and shareholder value while minimizing shareholder dilution. The effective utilization of preferred stock ensures our company can grow with the least amount of shareholder dilution."
Sanwire is leveraging a multi-dimensional strategy that includes additional acquisitions, attracting investors and enhancing the current balance sheet while minimizing dilution for shareholders. A primary goal of these efforts is to support Intercept's ongoing operations.
For the fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2020, Sanwire announced significant revenue growth related to the acquisitions of Intercept Music and Art is War Records. Since acquiring Intercept Music in March and Art is War Records in June, Sanwire's revenue has increased by approximately 300% (http://nnw.fm/j0S0j). Sanwire attributes the increase in revenue to Intercept Music's customer acquisition and the release of its PLUS plan.
For the third quarter, revenue is expected to continue an upward climb, owing largely to physical distribution plans and a rising number of PLUS subscribers. The company's acquisition of Art is War Records is also expected to fuel this growth.
Christopher M. Whitcomb is the current CEO of Sanwire Corp. and Intercept Music Inc. He is a CPA in the state of California, holding bachelor's degrees in accounting, corporate finance and business management with a focus on real estate. A seasoned executive, his business ventures are always strongly focused on the development and financing of companies.
Whitcomb worked alongside Ralph Tashjian at SMC Entertainment Inc. and Digital Music Universe. They are currently working together again following Sanwire's acquisition of Intercept Music, which was founded by Tashjian.